Welcome to Rice County
Your local Extension Office is a great resource for finding the information that you need. Have a gardening question? Check out our Lawn and Garden section. If you are interested in joining 4-H or becoming a volunteer, our 4-H and Youth section has all of the information you need to get started. Check out the Crops and Livestock section. Health and Nutrition features a wide variety of resources for food preparation and safety. You will want to check out the information found on our Home and Family and Community Development sections, as well.
We're here for you, as always
For almost as long as Kansas has existed, K-State Research and Extension has been here to help you and every other Kansan thrive.
In the middle of this current challenge, that mission remains unchanged. With offices in all 105 counties across Kansas, our promise has always been to provide relevant, science-based education and information to help you make decisions to maintain and improve your health, build and sustain businesses, grow your community, steward resources, feed the world, and raise the next generation of capable, responsible, thoughtful community leaders.
While we remain steadfast in our commitment to that mission, we have had to adapt how we deliver to you during this time of public distancing.
Kansas State University is on a limited-operation status. As of March 23, classes are being taught online, and most employees on campuses in Manhattan, Salina and Olathe have been working from home since well before Gov. Kelly’s statewide stay-at-home order.
In accordance with guidance from the university and the State of Kansas, here’s how K-State Research and Extension is responding:
- All K-State Research and Extension face-to-face events are canceled through July 4.
- As of March 31, at least one-half of county- and district-level K-State Research and Extension offices have closed their physical buildings.
- Local extension agents are practicing social distancing, too, but continue to work during this time and are available by email or phone.
- Outreach continues across the state via distance education tools, Facebook videos and Zoom sessions. To find out how to reach your local agents and participate in learning activities, visit the K-State Research and Extension county and district directory. Email may be the quickest way to reach your local agent.
- K-State Research and Extension has compiled numerous publications and other information to help people take care of themselves and others during times of crisis. See the complete list of resources online.
No matter where you live in Kansas,
K-State Research and Extension is nearby – no matter the circumstances. We are a steady voice during trying times.
Together, we can do this and will emerge stronger than ever.
We are open!
We ask that visitors please sanitize their hands upon entry and respect social distancing guidelines.
You can call 620-257-5131 during normal business hours for assistance from staff.
You may also send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
K-State Research & Extension-Rice County
701 East Main
Lyons, KS 67554
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm / 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Closed on Major Holidays and Weekends