Health and Nutrition
Good Nutrition and plenty of physical activity are important for good health at any age.
Eating healthful foods and exercising for health throughout life will help you:
- Enjoy a variety of foods
- Look and feel better
- Build physical strength & endurance
- Reduce your risk of health problems such as: heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes and cancer.
For best results:
- Set realistic goals - make small changes.
- Be flexible - Don't give up because you overeat at one meal or don't meet your exercise goal.
- Remember moderation. Enjoy your favorite foods, just don't overdo it.
In order to prevent food borne illnesses K-State University scientists and educators present information on safe food handling practices for the benefit of Kansans.
Contact us with your family & consumer sciences questions.